Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Pledge to You

Greetings, dear reader(s)! It's been a good few months since my inaugural post, and with good reason: being a groovy mother takes up a lot of time. I read over my February screed and am amazed that I managed to write all that while caring for a four-month-old. I suppose I should come clean: I'm lazy and have low expectations of myself. I meant to start a blog much earlier. I considered chronicling the pregnancy and uploading tedious ultrasound images that look just like every other ultrasound image. I'd erase any identifying information from the top of the image and post it as if anyone would give a shit. "OMG, isn't it beautiful?!" and that sort of thing. But again, laziness. I've more or less given myself a pass on the pregnancy blog because I felt like a pile of pigeon crap for most of it, and I couldn't even pretend to be a groovy pregnant lady. I imagine I would have spent many an entry complaining about adults using, without irony, terms like "preggo" and "preggy," and highlighting the terrifying nutjobs who populate pregnancy and parenthood online forums. Actually, I'll probably still do that, but with a little more judgmental force and a little less whining.

What it seems I didn't have the energy to do in February was whittle down the introductory post to its essentials. I could have just said, "A year ago today, I discovered that I'd conceived. My goodness." The part where I compare myself to Elmer Fudd: I have absolutely no recollection of writing that.

In any case, rest assured that excessive wordiness, at least within a single entry, will not be feature of this blog. That is my solemn promise to all three of you. Even you, KiMmYxxx4u.

Signed, One Groovy Mother, December 9, 2011, Phoenix, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment